Young & Healthy was established around the philosophy that if enough people volunteer their time and expertise, we can assist those in our community who are the most vulnerable and better the lives of everyone overall. Collectively we can make a difference for so many children and their families, and there are many ways to volunteer to support Young & Healthy.
We would love to have you as part of our volunteer network.
Explore our volunteer opportunities below or contact our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Volunteers are doctors, dentists, mental health practitioners, pharmacies, etc. who donate direct healthcare services within their own offices to children. We are always in need of additional volunteer healthcare professionals, including, but not limited to:
- Allergists/Pulmonary Specialists
- Dental Laboratories
- Family Practitioners
- General Practice
- General Surgeon
- Mental Health Professionals
- Oral Surgeons
- Otorinolaryngologists (ENTs)
- Pediatric Dentists
- Physical Therapists
- Plastic Surgeons
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Psychiatrists for Evaluation
Mindfulness Program: There are opportunities for mental health professionals in training (i.e. associates, trainees, interns) to be mindfulness volunteers. As a mindfulness volunteer you will be trained in a trauma-informed preventative mental health care curriculum that incorporates mindfulness and art-based techniques. You will deliver the curriculum to children and adolescents in the Pasadena Unified School District and you will receive supervision from a clinical supervisor. Please contact Rebecca Bokoch, email@example.com, for more details.
If you would like to become a Young & Healthy professional volunteer and donate your services to children in need, please complete the appropriate Volunteer Involvement Form and return it to our Program Coordinator at Fax 626.795-8154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need additional information, you may contact our Program Coordinator at 626.795.5166 or email@example.com.
Community Volunteers assist at events or in the office with various tasks that support our many programs.
Below are some of our volunteer opportunities:
- First Grade Dental Education Program: Receive training and supplies to make 30-minute presentations once a month (Oct.-May) to first graders about oral health.
- Special Events: Assist staff in preparation for and at specific events, such as our Mobile Dental Clinic or National Volunteer Week recognition day.
- Translation: Provide translation for families at their children's appointments. (Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, Chinese, etc.)
- Transportation: Provide transportation for children and families to doctor appointments.
- Young & Healthy Office: Help with clerical tasks and projects, as needed.
- Mindfulness Program: Help create materials such as making glitter bottles, sewing heart pillows, copying handouts, and organizing art supply kits. Volunteers can also help distribute program materials to different school sites.
If you would like to become a Young & Healthy community volunteer, please complete the Community Volunteer Involvement Form and return it to our Program Coordinator. If you need additional information, you may contact our Program Coordinator at 626.795.5166 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Partners are other organizations and non-profits that work with us to be sure that needy clients get the help they need.
To learn more about how your organization can partner with Young & Healthy, please contact our Program Director, Liz Arnold, at email@example.com.
Board Members work as a team to drive Young & Healthy forward within its mission such that we solidly remain on the cutting edge of addressing the needs of our community.