Posted on March 16, 2021 by Young & Healthy - News
Young & Healthy Does!!
Please join us for our free, one-hour, mission-based fundraiser to learn about the many tools we use to serve our community.
Dr. Ying Ying Goh, Director of the Pasadena Public Health Department, will be our guest speaker.
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:30-9:30 am
For a delivered breakfast treat to enjoy during our program, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 626-795-5166 with your name, address and phone number. Deliveries (local ONLY) will be made in the afternoon on May 4.
Posted on February 18, 2021 by Young & Healthy - News
How often do YOU see a dentist? My dental care routine includes a dental visit every six months, which is considered “usual and customary”. It is easy to take for granted the fact that I have the means and the insurance to have my teenager’s and my dental needs met. Unfortunately, there are far too many children and families in our community who do not have the luxury of access to dental care. Did you know that dental pain is the number one reason cited for school absences? Young & Healthy is regularly witness to children whose teeth hurt and who miss school or can’t concentrate at school simply because they have not had proper dental care. Can you imagine how difficult it is for a child to pay attention to a math lesson with a throbbing tooth? The effects of no dental care are REAL.
For three decades, Young & Healthy has offered a community Mobile Dental Clinic to tend to the dental needs of children who have either never seen a dentist or whose working families simply cannot afford dental services. Young & Healthy is excited to announce that we will be offering a second mobile dental clinic during the COVID pandemic. Our next clinic is scheduled for March 11-19, 2021.
Though the need is great, providing these services to the community during this tenuous time is extremely challenging, but with our community partners, we have found ways to host a dental clinic with all of the necessary safety measures to keep patients safe and healthy while receiving treatment. As we proudly look forward to providing comprehensive dental care to the children and families who cannot access care any other way, we kindly ask for your assistance to make it all happen. Every single dollar raised for the clinic helps mitigate the trickle-down effect for kids with dental needs. The time is NOW and YOU can make the difference!
Thank you for your consideration of a gift at this time and for helping us create more healthy smiles!
Mary Donnelly-Crocker, Executive Director
Posted on December 23, 2020 by Young & Healthy - News
Without doubt, this has been a challenging year for everyone. However, Young & Healthy remains guided by our mission and committed to the underserved children of the Pasadena area who need healthcare and other related services to thrive. In this turbulent climate, we have creatively pivoted to provide for these children and their families.
We are very grateful for your past support and partnership. While the pandemic has greatly changed our lives, it hasn’t changed our need to support families. Your gift is an important part of providing support and hope to the families we serve.
Every gift can make a difference and is greatly appreciated. You can make an immediate impact on the families we serve in our community. We thank you for providing tangible support, hope, care and comfort during this time of community need.
Be Well and Stay Well,
Sandy Roberts, Board President
Mary Donnelly-Crocker, Executive Director
Posted on April 20, 2020 by Young & Healthy - News
Our physical office is closed, but our staff is still ready to serve.
Here are a few ways we have adjusted our work to meet the moment.
• Access to Care: Staff continues to provide case management virtually. Messages are retrieved hourly and client communication continues via email.
• Insurance Support: Our Family Advocate is working with clients over the phone to complete insurance applications and navigate the insurance system. Team members are cross-training in insurance advocacy for the anticipated influx of cases that may arise due to people’s loss of jobs and insurance.
• Our team is proactively reaching out to existing clients to assure them that we remain available to help. Those needing non-urgent healthcare services (eye glasses, dental care, etc.) will be scheduled once provider offices reopen.
Mental Health: Parent Education & Mindfulness
• Our Program Coordinator will lead weekly digital workshops for PUSD parents.
• We are engaging families via social media with two campaigns to address children’s emotional needs during this pandemic:
1. Family Fridays – Parents receive ideas and tips for making the most of quarantine weekends with their families.
2. Mindful Mondays – Our Mindfulness Educator shares videos to help start each week on a peaceful note.
• We continue to send our monthly Resilience Pasadena newsletter, which includes updates on community happenings and real-life examples of resiliency.
• We are collaborating with PUSD and other community agencies at food distribution sites, in order to spread the word that Young & Healthy remains available to those in need of healthcare services.
• Toothbrushes have been procured and will be sent home with a Young & Healthy flyer to 3,000 families via the PUSD food distribution sites.
• In canceling our May fundraising event, we have requested that our guests remain safely at home, while also giving generously to ensure that children and families in the Pasadena area will continue to have access to the needed healthcare services that Young & Healthy delivers.
• Communication with foundations and donors has increased. We are responding daily to evolving changes in the grant making world.
Young & Healthy Infrastructure
• Webinars continue to further educate staff regarding human resource management, fiscal management and fundraising during this pandemic.
• An application has been submitted for a Small Business Loan through the Paycheck Protection Program.
• Garnered donations of masks and gloves from shuttered medical and dental offices and other sources are being donated to both Huntington Hospital and PUSD for their food service staff.
• We have assisted in garnering donations for non-perishable foods and backyard fruits for delivery to the neediest families in PUSD.
• In a think-tank, problem-solving capacity, we remain active with Collaborate Pasadena to keep a pulse on evolving community needs.
• Our traditional National Volunteer Week bundt cake delivery to our professional volunteers has been cancelled. Alternatively, we will send a letter of recognition and appreciation for their dedicated service.
• Staff sent personal thank you notes to all of our professional volunteers to wish them well and to encourage them to take care of themselves during this difficult time.
• Calls have been made to check-in with many of our community volunteers.
626.795.5166 | email@example.com
Posted on March 19, 2020 by Young & Healthy - News
During this evolving situation, please know that even though our physical “door” is closed, Young & Healthy is still OPEN FOR BUSINESS for our families in need! Please call us at 626-795-5166 for assistance and we will work with you over the phone to obtain necessary services. Or you may email us by going HERE: