It has been quite a while since we have been able to gather in-person, but the time has come, so let’s celebrate. We hope you will join us for some festive mid-century mayhem, as we support Young & Healthy at opening night at
The Cosmopolitan Club
Saturday, October 2, 2021
La Cañada Flintridge Country Club
We will celebrate and honor Ying-Ying Goh, Director of Public Health and Health Officer of Pasadena and the Altadena Seventh-day Adventist Church with the J. Donald Thomas Award. This award is given to those whose dedication, perseverance and selfless devotion to the well-being of our children exemplifies the spirit that lead to the founding of Young & Healthy.
The evening will begin with libations and bar bites in the Ginger Monkey Lounge and will be followed by dinner and a live auction in The Cosmopolitan Club. Come for a night filled with music and heart, as we raise funds to support the vital prevention, education, family support and access to healthcare services that Young & Healthy provides to the uninsured and underserved children and their families in the greater Pasadena area.
You won’t want to miss being part of the excitement and energy of opening night at The Cosmopolitan Club!
To be a Patron, order tickets or make a donation, please click HERE.
Young & Healthy is hosting the Mobile Dental Clinic from October 22-30, 2020.
Space is limited, so please call or email us to begin the registration process:
- The clinic will be held October 22-30, 2020. Each participant in the clinic will attend multiple appointments over the course of the week.
- While we do our best to accommodate the schedules of all our patients, some appointments will happen during school hours. PUSD is aware of this clinic, but your child should communicate with their teacher(s) to make sure they are up to date on work that they may miss.
- This year we are accepting children ages 5-18, who live or go to school in Altadena, Pasadena, Sierra Madre and South Pasadena.
- We have limited space for some parents/guardians to participate, as well.
- We have taken extensive steps to ensure that the clinic is socially distanced and safe during the pandemic. A few of the changes we have made include:
- Patients spaced out within trailers
- All patients must be tested for COVID-19 prior to the receiving treatment. (Y&H will coordinate that testing for you.)
- All patients will receive health screening prior to entering the clinic each day (temperature taken, health questionnaire)
- Social distancing must be practiced while waiting for appointments.
- Face masks will be required.
Young & Healthy is celebrating Oktoberfest!
Just like a pretzel, Young & Healthy has put a twist on our traditional Gala. This year we will be hosting a unique family-friendly hybrid Oktoberfest on October 2, consisting of a “contact free” dinner delivery and a jovial live-streamed virtual fundraising program. We hope you will join us!
4:00-7:00pm Contact-free Dinner Delivery – Enjoy a delicious pre-ordered German dinner, delivered contact-free to your home. Chef Claud Beltran of Pasadena’s Bacchus’ Kitchen will prepare a choice of three delectable meals, complete with beer or wine.
7:30pm Virtual Fundraising Program – Join Young & Healthy on-line for an inspiring live-streamed virtual Oktoberfest program.
During the short program we will honor this year’s recipients of the J. Donald Thomas Award and the Alliance Award and continue with a festive live auction, as well as fun opportunities for participating guests to win unique prizes. We will be kicking up our heels in Oktoberfest style with an authentic Oompah band, too, so dig out your lederhosen, dirndl or other German attire and join the fun!
You won’t want to miss this exciting event and the opportunity to support Young & Healthy. Your generous donations this night will allow us to provide quality healthcare to the children in the Pasadena area who would otherwise go without the care that they need. These children and their families depend on Young & Healthy now more than ever.
Follow this link to our special Oktoberfest website to learn more and to become a patron, buy tickets or donate:
In the interest of community health amidst the COVID-19 situation, we have decided to CANCEL our May 5 & May 6 in-person fundraising events,
Taking Pasadena by Brainstorm
Please understand that our children need Young & Healthy now more than ever. Our mission is to provide access to high-quality healthcare for underserved children and families and to improve the quality of life for all children in our community. During this time of uncertainty, Young & Healthy is committed to continuing to assist children with their healthcare needs and coordinating care via telephone.
We ask that you PLEASE consider a generous donation to help us through this difficult time. Your contribution will be life-changing! Thank you for your understanding and support.
Make a Donation
Be sure to save the date for Young & Healthy’s annual one-hour, mission-based event. This year, “Taking Pasadena by Brainstorm” will be held on May 5th 8:00-9:00am (coffee & breakfast bite) and on May 6th 7:30-8:30pm (coffee & dessert). Come hear what we have been up to in the community!